Morning Announcements – Tuesday, September 5, 2017
1. Welcome back – Welcome back to all of our wonderful EEMS students. It’s great to get the school year underway, and we want you to take advantage of the many opportunities for learning in the classroom, in athletics, in activities, and in social situations. We’ll all learn together, and we’ll have some fun, too. We’ll have our first assembly later today where we can introduce you to the new staff and go over a few important policies.
2. Boys’ Soccer Kick-Around Today – Those boys in grades 6-8 who brought their soccer gear can attend today’s kick around from 3-4 at Wilson Field. There is no soccer kick around today for the girls.
3. Soccer tryouts are at Wilson Field tomorrow and Thursday for students in grades 6-8. You must have your permission form in order to try out. On Wednesday (tomorrow), girls try out first from 3-4:30 and boys try out from 4-5:30. On Thursday, boys go from 3-4:30 and girls from 4-5:30PM.
4. Cross-County begins tomorrow for students in grades 5-8 and will run from 3-4:30PM. Please bring your permission form.
5. 6-8 Band begins on Thursday – Students in grades 6-8 who are interested in joining band will have their first rehearsal on Thursday from 1:50-2:30.
6. 5-8 Chorus will begin next Tuesday at 7:45AM and will run on Tuesday and Thursday mornings throughout the year.
7. Reminder to everyone that the price of a student’s hot lunch is $2.85 this year, which is $.10 more than last year.
8. Recess will continue to be outside on the hot top and the baseball field while the drainage project is being worked on. Please do not go over the orange fence that divides the recess area from the construction area. Due to the project we are changing our fire drill meeting location to the parent parking lot, which is in front of the cafeteria.
9. Forms – You will get a packet of forms today to take home and have your parents fill out. You’ll get a green, blue, pink, orange, and two white forms. We greatly appreciate your getting them home to your parents and appreciate your parents filling them out so you can return them to school.
10. Open House is TOMORROW for grades 5-8. Grades 5 and 6 meet 5:30-6:30PM. Grades 7 and 8 meet 6:30-7:30PM. Parent meetings in the cafeteria: 5:30 for grade 5, 6:00 for grade 6, 6:30 for grade 7, and 7:00 for grade 8. Laptop meeting for parents of 7th and 8th graders at 7:30PM in the cafeteria. THANKS!!!