Morning Announcements – Thursday, September 7, 2017
- Many thanks to all the parents and students who attended last night’s Open House. The turnout was great. Thank you for your support of your child’s education. Thank you, teachers, for setting the stage for a great school year through your presentations last evening.
- Soccer tryouts are at Wilson Field today. Boys go from 3-4:30 and girls from 4-5:30PM. A bus will take the players to Wilson field at 3:45PM. Pick up is at Wilson Field. Students with the 4PM practice are to report to Mr. Down’s health room to be supervised until departure time.
We will still have tryouts if it rains. Both boys and girls will try out indoors from 3-4:30 at EEMS.
- 6-8 Band Begins Today – Students in grades 6-8 who are interested in joining band will have their first rehearsal today from 1:50-2:30. Please bring your instrument.
- The first Garden Team meeting is today from 3-4 in the library. All staff are welcome to attend.
- 5-8 Chorus will begin next Tuesday at 7:45AM and will run on Tuesday and Thursday mornings throughout the year.
- Fall Sports Parent Meeting – Monday, Sept. 11 at 6PM in the gym for parents of cross-country runners and soccer plays. Parents whose child is going to do both sports will meet at 5:45PM.
- Drama Club Tryouts – Auditions for the fall play take place next Monday and WEDNESDAY, Sept. 11 and 13, from 3-4:30 in the cafeteria. (Note: The permission form said auditions were Monday and Tuesday. That was an error. It’s Monday and Wednesday) Please get your permission form in to Mrs. Cox ahead of time or bring it to the audition. For auditions, you will be reading portions of the script as well as participating in several theater exercises. You are to bring a pencil, too. Students who plan to help backstage need to turn in the permission form but they do not need to go to auditions. The name of the fall show is “William Shakespeare’s Star Wars.”
- Nice Job, Again – Thanks for a great second day yesterday in the lunch room, at recess, and in the halls. It’s really been nice to have you pushing in your chairs when leaving the lunch room. Keep it going!
- Recess – If recess is inside today we can utilize the gym. Thursday is the only day of the week that it’s available to us