Morning Announcements – Friday, October 6, 2017
- EEMS would like to help the students at several schools in the Florida Keys that are struggling for basic items after their towns were devastated by hurricanes. At the end of next week, the items we collect will be picked up and delivered by tractor trailer truck to students who need help. Boxes are in out front lobby to put donated items in such as school supply items, bottled water, non-perishable food items, and new or used toys.
- The first Visual and Performing Arts Booster meeting will be next Tuesday, October 10, at 5pm in the elementary music room. We will be planning for the Honors Festival.
- Students who repeatedly don’t to their work can expect a detention for being “Repeatedly unprepared for class.” This will be assigned to you to serve a Tuesday or a Thursday detention.
- Our first student rep meeting will be held next week to plan the Halloween Costume Contest. Please hold an election in the next couple of days so that there are reps available for the meeting.
- The EMS Varsity Girls won yesterday against the undefeated Broncos from Hampden! Paige Sawyer scored the first goal off her own deflected flip throw. The second goal also came from Paige off a beautiful pass from Addi Laslie. Solid goalkeeping from Jane Wu and a great defensive effort by the whole team led to the 2-0 victory.
- Last night the JV girls played Hampden. The falcon girls had 10 shots on goal and dominated play. The game was intense and was scoreless at half time. In the second half the girls came out strong, attacked, and scored the first goal of the game. Elizabeth Frost scored the goal. Hampden wouldn't give up and scored a goal shortly after trying the game. The Falcons had several attempts on goal and never gave up, but just couldn't find the back of the net. The game was hard fought and ended as a tie. The girls’ next game is Tuesday at home against Cohen.
- The boys varsity soccer team played a very solid defensive game yesterday at Hampden. The game was a battle of the defensive as all game long the teams traded scoring opportunities. In the first half, Lucas Fendl made some great saves to keep the ball out of the net. The offense had a few chances including a looping shot by Miles Palmer that just sailed wide of the net. In the second half, Hunter Curtis manned the keeper position and kept Hampden off the scoreboard with some great plays, including soaring high to grab a ball that Hampden players were trying to head toward the goal. The offense couldn't take advantage of Hunter's long punts as Hampden's defense stepped up to make some huge plays of their own. At the final whistle, the game was tied 0-0. Solid game all around boys!
- JV Boys' Soccer team wins AGAIN!!!! The guys showed HUGE growth in both skill and endurance tonight as they took down Hampden in a well-fought 1-0 win. Koa Barrett put the ball in the goal to seal the deal in the 1st half while amazing, relentless defensive effort kept the ball out of our goal the ENTIRE 2nd half!! Special kudos to Chase Hardwick's wide leg stride and speed.... this kid can RUN!! Also goalie Eli Pouwells made some AMAZING and aggressive stops in goal! Strong work team, you have a lot to be proud of!
- Both boys and girls placed 2nd at last night xc meet.
Congrats to all runners.
Thomas Hilton placed 29th out of 77 runners
Aedyn Hughes 35
Logan McGowan placing 4th
Ellie Anderson placing 20 out of 51
Amie Lupo coming in 13th
Caroline Mazgaj placing 2
Nice work everyone.
Have a great weekend and get some rest!