Morning Announcements, Grades 5-8, Friday, November 3, 2017
- 8th graders will meet today in the cafeteria during RTI to go over end of year trip possibilities and to vote on two of the five choices. Please bring a pencil or a pen so you can vote. We will narrow the list of options down to the two top choices and then vote again to declare a winner.
- Nice job, students, on adjusting to the new procedures at lunch and recess. We will continue that today. 7th and 8th graders can start their lines at the door and have them extend out past the flagpole instead of starting at the flagpole. The quiet entrance and exit into and out of the cafeteria was excellent for all grades.
- Students are reminded that eating on the bus is not allowed. We’ve had messes left on the bus. Thanks.
- The stars honoring veterans are now appearing on the glass wall in the cafeteria. Please keep them coming.
- Soccer Players interested in learning more about Acadia Fire should look at the bulletin board in the entryway lobby for more information about upcoming events and tryouts.
- Next Thursday is the first show date for Drama Club’s “William Shakespeare’s Star Wars”. Students will see this first thing in the morning, and the show will be performed for the public at 6PM that evening. The admission fee for the evening show is $5.
- Today is the third day of our “Hands Across Ellsworth” food collection for the Emmaus Center. The collection will run until Wednesday, November 15 when students will pass food hand-over-hand from boxes located throughout the building. Any contribution you can make will be greatly appreciated.
- Cheerleading training sessions are being held next Monday and Tuesday, November 6 and 7 from 3-4:30 in room 208. Tryouts will be on Wednesday starting at 3PM.
- Basketball tryouts begin one week from today on Monday, November 6 and Tuesday, November 7.
Girls’ Times: Monday – 3:00-4:30PM, Tuesday- 4:30-6PM
Boys’ Times: Monday – 4:30-6:00PM, Tuesday- 3:00-4:30PM