Morning Announcements, Grades 5-8, Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- All boys trying out for basketball are to report to the health room after school before changing for your 3-4:30PM tryouts. You be changing up in waves of 5 at a time and returning to the health room until everyone is all changed up. Tryouts begin at 3PM.
- Girls who are trying for basketball should also report to the health room if you are staying in the building until your 4:30-6PM tryouts start. You’ll also change up in waves to get set for tryouts.
- 8th graders, the votes are in and you have decided to go to Canobie Lake Park for your class trip in June. You now have another ballot to complete today to determine your end-of-year priorities. This will allow fundraising targets to be set.
- Drama Club members are to be dismissed on the 2:35 bell so they can start rehearsal as soon as possible. The curtain opens for “William Shakespeare’s Star Wars” this Thursday morning at 8AM for the school performance. The evening performance is at 6PM on Thursday. The entry fee is $5.
- The next parent volunteer training session is tomorrow, Wednesday, at 6PM in the library. It takes about a half an hour and you’ll then be set to go on field trips, attend field days, help out in the classroom, etc.
- The next 8th grade parent meeting is tomorrow at 5:30 in the library. We will go over what students priorities are for end-of-year events and determine future fundraising activities.
- More and more stars are being put up on the cafeteria wall. Thanks to those who have honored the veterans in their lives. There’s plenty of room for more stars if you’d like to put some up.
- The boxes in the main lobby are filling up with food for the Hands Across Ellsworth food drive to benefit the Emmaus Center. A box has also been put in each wing of the school. Please bring in a food item if you can. There are 6 school days left until the food gets packed into the Emmaus Center’s van.
- Birthdays – Birthdays this week belong to Deacon Bohacik, Heath Colley, Owen McDonald, Jason Weed, Monika Firley, and Aislyn Reardon. Happy Birthday wishes go out to all of you.
- Here is today’s announcement about “Civility at Lunch”:
Regarding BODY CONTROL and LOGISTICS:
- Enter the lunch line calmly and quietly. No running, “cutting” in line, or pushing. “Quietly” means conversational voice.
- ALWAYS keep you hands and feet to yourself. Do not touch another person.
- 6 people to a table
- Sit and eat. Visit with the people you CHOOSE to sit with. Do not roam the cafeteria to visit with folks at other tables. Recess is for visiting.
- Walk to the right and 2 by 2 in the hallway.