Morning Announcements, Grades 5-8, Thursday, November 9, 2017
- We have the school play right after today’s announcements. It’s grade 6’s turn to sit on the floor, so please sit on the mats. Grade six can come to the cafeteria right after these announcements. Other grades should wait until you are called down on the loudspeaker.
- The Drama Club will be performing “William Shakespeare’s Star Wars” tonight at 6PM and this Saturday at 2PM. The entry fee is $5.
- Thanks to everyone who has put up one or more stars for the veterans in your life. The cafeteria wall looks great, and we are grateful for the freedom we enjoy that our veterans have provided. Tomorrow there is no school as we celebrate Veterans’ Day.
- More boxes for food donations have been put in the main lobby. After today there are just 3 more days to bring in food for the Emmaus Center, and we’d really like to fill their van. Thanks for helping.
- Winter Sports parent night is this coming Monday at 6PM.
- The next VPA Boosters meeting will be Tuesday, 11/12, in the elementary music room at 4:00. We will be discussing food donations and volunteers for the honors festival.
- Here is today’s announcement about “Civility at Lunch”:
Regarding VOICE VOLUME:
- Be silent in the lobby while waiting to enter the cafeteria.
- Use quiet, conversational voices in the cafeteria. Your voice should be loud enough for only the people sitting at your table to hear.
- Be silent during dismissal.
- Use quiet voices in the hallway. Your voice should be loud enough for only the person next to you to hear.