Morning Announcements – Monday, December 4, 2017, Grades 5-8
1. Thanks to the middle school students and cheerleaders who walked and sang in Saturday’s Christmas parade. Thanks, also, to Mr. Ford who walked with his daughters.
We had a lot of fun walking down Main Street in front of thousands of people.
2. Good luck to our basketball teams today in their games with Cohen. Girls are home and boys depart at 2:30PM. Varsity plays first.
3. Mrs. Billings will be out this afternoon. There will be no 6th or 7th grade enrichment classes. Students should remain in their study halls.
4. Our Chess Club has its first practice this Wednesday from after school until 3:45. Permission forms are now in the office. Bring your permission form to the office or to the first practice.
5. Our Winter Concert is this Thursday, December 7. Beginner band (grade 5), Concert Band (grades 6-8), and Chorus (grades 5-8) will be performing. The concert starts at 6:30 PM for the public. All of the K-8 students will see the concert during the last period of the day. Please head for the gym at 1:40PM.
6. The Annual Talent Show for grades 5-8 is Friday, December 22 in the afternoon. Audition sign up sheets are now posted on the picture bulletin board in the trophy hallway. Please sign up there by the end of this week. The first day of auditions is Monday, December 11. Reps, please meet in the health room at this time so we can plan the audition process and prizes.
7. This Friday is a PJ sprit day. Let’s see some pajamas!
8. This Friday is also the first Movie Night of the year. The movie is “Elf”. Doors open at 5:00PM. There is no cost for the movie. There will be refreshments on sale and a Lularoe clothing sale going on in the library. This is an event where students must be under the supervision of a parent. It’s not an event to drop your students off and pick them up when it’s over.
9. On Friday, December 15, we are holding an “Ugly” Sweater Day, which is an event the Ellsworth Chamber of Commerce is promoting since it is the National “Ugly” Sweater Day. Get ready for some fun!
10. This is the final week in the first trimester so please get all of your current work and any make-up work done. Also keep in mind that teachers will soon be evaluating your Habits of Work for this trimester. Those who receive all HOW ratings of a 3 or a 4 will be treated to our first semester reward trip. We will be going Criterion Theatre in Bar Harbor on Friday, January 5 to see “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”. Finish strong!
11. Athletics’ Schedule
Friday, December 1 – no practices. Activity Night.
Monday, December 4
Games vs. Cohen. Girls Home. Boys Away. Varsity plays first
Tuesday, December 5
JV Girls – 4:30-6 Elem Gym
V Girls – 3-4:30 Elem gym
JV Boys – 5-6:30 MS gym
V Boys – 3:30-5 MS gym
V Cheering 3-4:30
JV Cheering 4:30-6
Wednesday, December 6
Games vs. Hermon. Girls away. Boys Home. JVs play first.
Thursday, December 7 – No practice. Winter Concert.
Friday, December 9 – No practice