Morning Announcements – Wednesday, December 6, 2017, Grades 5-8
1. Our Chess Club has its first practice today from after school until 3:45. Bring your permission form to the office or to the first practice.
2. There is a 8th grade parent meeting today at 5:30PM in the library to review fundraising activities to date and to determine additional events to help with end of year events.
3. Our Winter Concert is tomorrow, December 7. Beginner band (grade 5), Concert Band (grades 6-8), and Chorus (grades 5-8) will be performing. The concert starts at 6:30 PM for the public. Attire for the concert is all black.
All of the K-8 students will see the concert at 1:50PM tomorrow. Please head for the gym at 1:40PM. It’s grade 7’s turn to sit on the floor, please.
4. Missing Clarinet – A fifth grade student is missing his clarinet. He had it in one of the instrument lockers in the music room. If you happened to take it by accident, please return it to the music room.
5. Tomorrow there will be another taste test at lunch. This time it’s Dulse Corn Chowder! Be sure to check it out!
6. Auditions for our Annual Talent Show start on Monday. If you have an act, please put your name and your act on one of the sign up sheets. Sign up sheets are across the hall from the elementary music room on the bulletin board with all of the photographs on it.
7. This Friday is a PJ sprit day. Let’s see some pajamas!
8. This Friday is also the first Movie Night of the year. The movie is “Elf”. Doors open at 5:00PM. There is no cost for the movie. There will be refreshments on sale and a Lularoe clothing sale going on in the library. This is an event where students must be under the supervision of a parent. It’s not an event to drop your students off and pick them up when it’s over.
9. On Friday, December 15, we are holding an “Ugly” Sweater Day, which is an event the Ellsworth Chamber of Commerce is promoting since it is the National “Ugly” Sweater Day. Get ready for some fun!
10. This is the final week in the first trimester so please get all of your current work and any make-up work done. Also keep in mind that teachers will soon be evaluating your Habits of Work for this trimester. Those who receive all HOW ratings of a 3 or a 4 will be treated to our first semester reward trip. We will be going Criterion Theatre in Bar Harbor on Friday, January 5 to see “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”. Finish strong!
11. Good luck to our basketball teams as they take on Hermon today. Boys are at home. Girls are away with a 2PM departure time.
12. Athletics’ Schedule
Wednesday, December 6
Games vs. Hermon. Girls away. Boys Home. JVs play first.
Thursday, December 7 – No practice. Winter Concert.
Friday, December 8 –
Girls Varsity Practice 4-5:30PM