Ellsworth Elementary-Middle School Principal (Grades K-4)
The Ellsworth School Department is accepting applications for an outstanding leadership opportunity.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in education and in meeting the needs of all students;
- Have previous successful elementary school leadership experience;
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and inspire students and staff to high levels of achievement;
- Demonstrate a commitment to student-centered proficiency-based education;
- Have successful experience in effective staff evaluation practices; (Familiarity with the Marshall model a plus);
- Demonstrate the ability to inspire trust and confidence in students, staff, and community;
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective instruction, and assessment practices;
- Demonstrate knowledge and successful experience in data-driven decision-making;
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a strong leadership team; and
- Demonstrate the ability to develop appropriate and respectful professional relationships with all stakeholders
The successful candidate will hold current Maine Department of Education certification 040.
The Ellsworth Elementary-Middle School is a PK -8 public school with a combined enrollment of approximately 840 students and staff of approximately 110. In addition to the K-4 Principal position, EEMS also has a Supervising Principal for grades 5-8 and an Assistant Principal-Athletic Director for grades K-8. The school is located in the city of Ellsworth, a vibrant and growing community, located at the crossroads of Downeast Maine. The Ellsworth School Department also operates Ellsworth High School, Hancock County Technical Center, and the Ellsworth Adult Education Program
An application is may be obtained by contacting:
Teresa Austin, Administrative Assistant at email@example.com or at (207) 664-7100
Or at our website at www.ellsworthschools.org.
Completed packets should be returned to:
Office of the Superintendent
Ellsworth, ME 04605
Tel (207) 664-7100
Closing date for Applications: April 4th, 2019
The Ellsworth School Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.