Morning Announcements – Wednesday, January 14, 2015
1. School finalists for tomorrow’s Spelling Bee are:
- Grade 5 = Hunter Curtis, Tobiah Jordan-Spearrin, Hunter Leighton, and Riley Reardon
- Grade 6 = Beck Deeny, Bryce Carter, William Wilson, Iriada Concepcion
- Grade 7 = Mackenzie Mitchell, Rory Burmeister, Deyan Rich, Danee Felix
- Grade 8 = Will Doty, Kara McDounough, Isaac Wardwell, and A.J. Palmer.
Mr. Newett will meet with the school finalists tomorrow during SSR at 8AM in the cafeteria to get set for the bee.
2. We are adding Ben Partridge and Lillian Frank to the automatic qualifier list for the School Finals of the National Geographic Bee. They both answered 7 out of 7 questions correct in the homeroom round. Way to go!
3. The 8th grade cooking and gardening club meets this tomorrow.
4. 8th graders who need more Morton’s Moo sales packets may pick them up from Mr. Newett.
5. Robotics Club permission forms are available in the office. Please return completed forms to Ms. Mattila or Ms. Mitchell. The first six students from each grade to return their forms will make up this year’s Robotics Club.
6. Good luck to our varsity basketball teams today in their away game with Old Town. Your departure time is at 2:05.
7. The next PTF meeting is this coming Tuesday, January 20th. It will be followed by a parent volunteer training at 5:15 for all of those parents who would like to help out in the classrooms.
8. Art Club for grade 5 starts next Thursday, January 22. The Art Club will meet weekly on Thursdays, with the last session on February 26. Permission forms have already been turned in, so all you have to do is show up. Art Club runs from 2:45-3:45PM.
9. Recess will be outside today.