Grades 5-8 Updates
- 1st Day of School - The first day of school is Tuesday, September 5.
- Open House - Open House is on Wednesday, September 6. Grades 5 and 6 meet from 5:30-6:30 and grades 7 and 8 from 6:30-7:30. Grade level meetings in the cafeteria will be at 5:30 for grade 5, 6PM for grade 6, 6:30PM for grade 7, and 7PM for grade 8.
- Trego has been hired as the JV Boys’ Soccer Coach.
- Both boys’ soccer coaches are not available to hold summer kick-arounds. Should that status change, meeting times will be posted on our Facebook page and on our website.
- All soccer team candidates are welcome to attend a kick around on the first day of school. Tryouts will begin on Wednesday, September 6.
- The first soccer games are Tuesday, September 12. Boys are home against Hampden and the girls are away. The first cross-country meet is home on Thursday, Sept. 14.
- Students who want to take part in two sports during the same season are now allowed to do so. One sport must be declared as the primary sport, and games for that sport take precedence over games or meets for the secondary sport should they fall on the same day. In the fall, soccer is considered the primary sport and cross-country is considered the secondary sport. Parents who want their child to take part in both sports do need indicate this on the all-sports permission form and need to meet with Miss Gabbianelli, our athletic director, at 5:45PM on Monday, Sept. 11 just prior to the fall sports parent meeting at 6PM.
- The first Parent Volunteer Training will take place at 9AM on Saturday, September 16 in the library.
- The PTF’s Welcome Back Picnic takes place Wednesday, September 20 from 5-6:30PM. This is a pot luck event between the two elementary wings of the school by the playground.