Morning Announcements – Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- Next Fundraiser COOP Day is Monday – Our second COOP day for our fundraiser will be this coming Monday.
Also, for online sales, please use the online ID that is on the fall fundraiser form you received last Friday. That code is 4974671
- Welcome Back PTF Picnic is TODAY – The annual Welcome Back Picnic is today from 5-6:30PM. This is a potluck event and families from each grade are responsible for different items:
Kindergarten and Grade 5 – Main Dish to share
1st and 6th Grade – Salad to share
2nd and 7th Grade – Dessert to share
3rd and 8th Grade – Side Dish to share
4th – Appetizer, fruit, or snack to share
EEMS Staff - Drinks
Please label foods that may contain nuts, shellfish, eggs, etc.
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.
- Grade 7 Field Trip Is Postponed for Thursday – Grade 7 will not continue head to Birdsacre on Thursday. A new date will be announced.
- Activity Night This Friday – 4-6PM for grade 5 for $3. 6:30-9 for grades 6-8 for $5. Grade 7 is sponsoring the event. Funds will pay for the tent they use for the Medieval Faire in June.
- Music Honors Festival - Band and chorus students in grades 6, 7, and 8 who want to be nominated for the Honors Festival must turn in their forms by Monday, 9/25. Late forms will not be accepted.
- Boys’ Soccer Games Today – Good luck to our JV and Varsity boys’ soccer teams today as they play Brewer at home.
- Birthday Wishes – Happy Birthday Wishes go out this week to Chase Hardwick, Noah Torrance, Emma Kohr, Michael Perry, Jett Henderson, Destiny Ray, Bianca Gilmore, and Hunter Verburgt.
- Soccer Team Pictures – Soccer Team pictures for all four teams will take place next Tuesday after school. Pick up for all teams is at 4:30 at Wilson Field on that day. Order forms have been handed out.
- Cross-Country Team Pictures – Cross Country team pictures will take place next Wednesday, Sept. 27, at EEMS during practice. Flyers have been handed out for ordering.
- DARE Returns Next Friday – Grade 5 students will be taking part in the DARE program beginning on Friday, September 29. Officer Shawn Merchant will running this 10-week program. We appreciate the partnership with the Ellsworth Police Department.
- Parking – In the morning, some parents park in the lot by the Shore Road and then walk their children into the building. This leaves some middle school teachers without a spot to park. It would be appreciated if parents would park in the lot off of Forrest Avenue where there are more spaces. Once construction is over, parents will be able to access the lot by the softball field, which should fix the jam we are in now. Many thanks.
- JV Girls’ Soccer Report - The JV girls soccer team played Brewer last night. The girls dominated the first half and had several shots on goal, but just couldn't find the back of the net. Brewer came out determined in the second half and scored 2 goals. Libby had several excellent saves in goal to keep the game close. In the last 10 minutes of the game Mariah scored the team's only goal on a penalty kick. The girls lost a hard fought game 2-1. The girls have the next 3 days off. Reminder practice on Monday is early and team pictures are on Tuesday. Please bring your uniforms.
- Varsity Girls’ Soccer Report – The varsity soccer girls played at Brewer last night and shut them out for a 5-0 victory. Casey Carter tallied two goals and Paige Sawyer had a hat trick, scoring the other three. Jane Wu picked up the shutout in goal with defensive support from Alex Bivens, Natalie Sawyer, Laura Jude and Kahlan Keene. Great game, girls!