Morning Announcements – Friday, September 22, 2017
- The next Fundraiser COOP Day is Monday – Our second COOP day for our fundraiser will be this coming Monday.
Also, for online sales, please use the online ID that is on the fall fundraiser form you received last Friday. That code is 4974671
- Activity Night Is Today – 4-6PM for grade 5 for $3. 6:30-9 for grades 6-8 for $5. Out of town students may attend the later event. Reminder of expectations -
- Stay in the gyms or the cafeteria – Do not wander around the building.
- Once you are here you stay here until the end unless your parent picks you up early or if Mr. Newett speaks to your parent on the phone to get permission to release you early.
- If you are insulting to others or are rough with others the consequences will range from a time out to having your parents pick you up.
- Remember the dress code is still in effect at Activity Nights.
- Music Honors Festival - Band and chorus students in grades 6, 7, and 8 who want to be nominated for the Honors Festival must turn in their forms by Monday, 9/25. Late forms will not be accepted.
- Soccer Team Pictures – Soccer Team pictures for all four teams will take place next Tuesday after school. Pick up for all teams is at 4:30 at Wilson Field on that day. Order forms have been handed out.
- Cross-Country Team Pictures – Cross Country team pictures will take place next Wednesday, Sept. 27, at EEMS during practice. Flyers have been handed out for ordering.
- Anyone heading to the Common Ground Fair this weekend should look for the school garden displays. Ellsworth is showing samples of the many vegetables and flowers that were grown in our very own school garden. We are hoping to win a few ribbons this year!
- The order has been changed for next Wednesday’s home and away soccer games with Bucksport. Varsity will now be playing first and the JV will be playing the second game.
- Varsity Girls’ Soccer Report - Old Town put up a good battle but was not enough to match the talent and ability of the EMS Girl's Varsity. Paige Sawyer opened up the scoring in the first half on a beautiful pass from Aubrianna Griffith. The EMS Girls kept the ball on their end for the entire half but could not come up with a second goal. After halftime the Old Town team came out very strong and scored the equalizer. Not long after that Paige Sawyer scored again off an excellent pass from Addie Laslie to take the lead. Gianna Anderson scored the insurance goal off a steal from an Old Town defender. The defensive play by the EMS Girls proved too tough to score against for the rest of the game. Overall it was a team effort that proved too tough for Old Town to overcome.
- Cross-Country Meet Report – In yesterday’s cross-country meet at Bucksport, we had a great meet placing 1st in both girls’ and boys’ races! For boys Logan McGowan placed 1st with a time of 12:22 with Matt Cormier 2nd being just a step behind Logan. Landon Roberts, Carter Colson and Everett Fointaine were neck and neck all race and placed top fifteen! For the girls Caroline Mazgaj placed first with a time of 13:42. Leah McPherson placed 4th and never stopped smiling! Adriana Richardson pushed herself and got into the top 15. Great job Team!!!You are all reminded of the Parker Pruett race on Monday at Sumner High School.
- Boys’ Varsity Soccer – Our boys’ varsity team tied with Old Town 1-1.