Morning Announcements – Thursday, September 28, 2017
- Our final COOP Day for our fundraiser is tomorrow, which is the day your order forms and money are due. Please bring your coupon and order forms to the main lobby on Friday morning after bus room, please.
- Good luck to our soccer teams today in their games with Hermon. Departure time is at 2PM for Varsity boys and Varsity girls who will travel together today. JV boys play at home vs. Hermon. JV girls do not have a game as Hermon doesn’t have a JV team.
- Tomorrow is Crazy Socks day. Have some fun with this one!
- The late bus that departs EEMS at 4PM will begin taking students home beginning next Monday, October 2. This will allow students who need to stay after the opportunity to do so without needing a ride from home.
- Looking ahead to next week, on Tuesday grade 5 is headed to Woodlawn for a field trip and grade 8 is headed to the Grand Auditorium to view “Frankenstein” on the stage. Funds for the trip to The Grand come from our PTF, which we greatly appreciate. Wednesday of next week is Walk to School Day. Buses will drop students off on Franklin Street before walking the rest of the way to school.
- Varsity Girls’ Soccer Report - The Varsity Girls started off slow against the Bucks giving up two early goals. Addie Laslie scored on a penalty kick late in the first half to make it 2-1 going into halftime. After halftime it was back and forth for most of the game...until Paige Sawyer powered one at the goal, the goalie made a great save but Casey Carter was there to put it in. It remained tied until the last minute when Paige had a breakaway and scored the game winner with her left foot.
- JV Girls’ Soccer Report - Last night the JV girls battled Bucksport. The first half was intense and the Ellsworth girls dominated play having 10 shots on goal, but were unable to score. In the second half the girls came out strong. They scored 3 goals and played very well as a team. They were making great passing up the field and communicating with each other. The goals were scored by Elizabeth, Merceedez and Emily. Goalie's Libby and Natalie, combined for the shout out. Great win girls! Practice is Monday at 4.
- JV Boys’ Soccer Report - JV boys' game vs Bucksport ended in a well fought 2-2 tie last night. Goals scored by Birthday Boy Connor Wight and Koa Barrett. Bucksport didn't score the tying goal until the final few minutes of the game because Ellsworth's entire team contributed with an unprecedented amount of effort, hustle, and tenacity! Strong work putting into play the things learned and worked so hard on in practice!
- Varsity Boys Soccer Report - The varsity boys soccer team came prepared to play yesterday against Bucksport. And what a game it was! There was great passing, communication and teamwork throughout the game. The Falcons limited the Bucks to only a handful of opportunities inside the 18-yard box while creating their own scoring chances at the other end. Keegan Omlor pushed across a goal from a throw in pass from Billy Garland. Michael Palmer got a pass from Chance Mercier and made it count for a goal. David Baugh passed another ball to Keegan who found the netting for a 3-1 lead. Bucksport scored a goal for a 3-2 game and then David scored an insurance goal on a nice thru-ball by Hunter Curtis. Excellent effort, ball control, and field spacing by all! Impressive work gentlemen!
Up next is a game at Hermon this afternoon, bus departs at 2pm.