Morning Announcements – Friday, September 29, 2017
- Thank you for bringing in your fundraiser packet and payment for items ordered. If you forgot these items today, please bring them on Monday.
- Thanks, also, for wearing Crazy Socks on our first Spirit Day of the year.
- The late bus that departs EEMS at 4PM will begin taking students home beginning next Monday, October 2. This will allow students who need to stay after the opportunity to do so without needing a ride from home.
- On Tuesday of next week, grade 5 is headed to Woodlawn for a field trip and grade 8 is headed to the Grand Auditorium to view “Frankenstein” on the stage. Funds for the trip to The Grand come from our PTF, which we greatly appreciate.
- Wednesday of next week is Walk to School Day. Buses will drop students off on Franklin Street before students walk the rest of the way to school.
- Cross-Country Meet Report – Coach Dyer. Congrats to both boys and girls for placing 1st place in yesterday’s home meet against Brewer, the Bay School, and Surry. Outstanding job to Max Harmon, Noah Bubier, Noah Torrance and Drew Pierson. Logan McGowan finished in first place with Matt Cormier a second behind. Excellent job to Amie Lupo, Hannah McBriertary-Frye, Logan Williams and Maren Bishoff. Caroline Mazgaj led our Falcons with a 3rd place finish.
- Our JV boys' soccer team earned their FIRST WIN last night beating Hermon 2-0!!!!
The boys should be given high fives by everyone that crosses their path today because ALL 17 players contributed to this win!
Our offensive line comprised of Chantz Bull, Connor Wight, Michael Harris, Koa and Kai Barret, and Judson Wood relentlessly used wall passes, drives up the wing, beautiful crosses and continuous shots on goal wearing down Hermon's defense allowing Kai and Michael to SCORE!!
Meanwhile Hermon's offense wasn't given an opportunity to have more than a handful of shots on goalies Aidan Gibbons and Eli Pouwels because everywhere they turned one of our wall-like defenders Brady Kenney, Will Backman, Chase "Speedy" Hardwick, and Obrian Robinson were right there booting it up the field to our midfielders Drew Cote, Jack Keeney, Elek Houlsen, Isaac Hamel, Sam Wagenknecht, who used some major fancy footwork to get open and advance the ball towards our goal!!
Well done guys!
- The Falcon boys varsity soccer team went to Hermon in a battle of the birds of prey. The Falcons were able to come out on top of this battle 3-1, even with a slow start to the game. The boys in maroon kept battling and finally solved the Hermon game plan when Michael Palmer took a Luke Perry pass to the back of the net, tying the game at 1. Hunter Curtis found himself in the right place at the right time when the ball was passed from Miles Palmer to Chance Mercier, back to Miles and then to Hunter, whose cannon of a shot pushed the Hermon goalkeeper back about 67 inches. David Baugh decided to use his head, securing a goal on a header on a cross by Miles Palmer. Great defense by Luke, Keegan, Owen, Tanner, Liam, Craig, Cooper, Chance, Lucas, Daniel, Billy, and Peter, who all helped limit the Hermon offense to low quality shots. Great game boys!
Up next: Game at MDI on Tuesday, October 2nd.
- The EMS Varsity Girls lost 6-2 to a very strong Hermon team last night. Hermon opened up the scoring early in the first half and we went into halftime down 3-0. Laura Jude scored our first goal early in the second half on a great shot that sailed over the goalies head off a beautiful pass from Paige Sawyer. Paige Sawyer had our second goal on a breakaway. Even with strong defensive play from Addi Laslie, Morgan Clifford, Alex Bivins and Natalie Sawyer the offensive pressure from Hermon resulted in three second half goals for them. Sixth grader Libby Kohr had an excellent first game in goal for the Varsity Girls.
- Today is the last day of work in the career of Mr. Chuck Brooks, our beloved custodian, who has been working in our schools for decades. He is a very special man who we will dearly miss. We thank you and we salute you, Mr. Brooks.