Morning Announcements – Wednesday, October 3, 2017
- The PTF is sponsoring an author visit tomorrow, which will allow all of our students to hear 10 year old author Kylie Willaimson talk about her book, Ursa and the Journey to the Stars , and how the publishing process works.
- Backstage Drama Club workers in grades 5 and 8 are to meet with Mrs. Cox at today in the conference room in the main office at the start of your lunch period today.
- Tomorrow, Thursday, Oct. 5th, the garden team will meet in the garden at 3 pm for our annual fall clean-up. Many hands make light work, so please come and pitch-in.
- Thank you to our 5th grade for your excellent behavior at Woodlawn yesterday. The organizer of the event gave you high praise for acting so well.
- EEMS would like to help the students at several schools in the Florida Keys that are struggling for basic items after their towns were devastated by hurricanes. In about ten days a gentleman with a tractor trailer will come to EEMS pick up any school supply items, bottled water, non-perishable food items, and new or used toys that you would like to donate. Your help would be greatly appreciated and we’ll have boxes in the front lobby for you to put the items you would like to send to these students.
- The Varsity Girls had another outstanding performance against MDI last night winning the contest 3-0. Aubrianna Griffiths started the scoring early with a great volley off a beautiful pass from Addi Laslie. The girls spent the rest of the first half in the offensive end but could not get another goal. After halftime the scoring continued. Addi Laslie picked off a pass from an MDI defender and put one in the upper corner for the second goal. Paige Sawyer added the third goal on a spectacular shot on a breakaway. Jane Wu recorded her first shutout with another outstanding performance with a great defense in front of her.
- Your Falcon boys varsity soccer team made the trip to the island yesterday afternoon. After a short walk to get some pre-game snacks and warming up, the game got underway. The boys in maroon found themselves down quickly 3-0. After settling down, the boys starting making crisp passes, moving to open spaces and containing the opponent like we have been practicing. Miles Palmer got the Falcons on the board by racing through the MDI defense after receiving a pass from Billy Garland. After a brief stint in goal, Michael Palmer came back into the game with a chip on his shoulder, scoring two goals. The first goal was assisted by a booming punt from Hunter Curtis in goal which Michael controlled and then dazzled through the defense. The second goal came off a corner kick that bounced around inside the 18 yard box and Michael put a charge into the ball, and sailing it into the back of the net. In the end, the short bench of only one sub hurt as the Falcons ran out of energy. The final scored was 5-3 but impressive play and never quit attitude was shown by all boys playing in the game. Great game boys! Up next: practice today to prep for Thursday rematch against Hampden.
- The first Visual and Performing Arts Booster meeting will be next Tuesday, October 11, at 5pm in the elementary music room. We will be planning for the Honors Festival.