Morning Announcements – Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- The second Parent Volunteer training session is tonight at 6PM in the library. It takes about 30-45 minutes and will allow those who attend the ability to help out on Field Trips, Field Days, in the classroom, etc. Those that have received the training in the past do need to take the training again each year.
- All of this week and ending on Friday, we are collecting items for schools in the Florida Keys who were devastated by hurricanes. At the end of this week, the items we collect will be picked up and delivered by tractor trailer truck to students who need help. Boxes are in out front lobby to put donated items in such as school supply items, bottled water, non-perishable food items, and new or used toys.
- Our first student rep meeting is on Thursday morning this week during RTI to plan the Halloween Costume Contest.
- The Scholastic Book Fair is being held next week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The Fair is open from 8AM to 6PM on Tuesday and from 8AM-3PM on Wednesday and Thursday.
- A week from this Friday is our October Activity Night on the 20th. Students are reminded that in order to attend, you must not have received more than one detention since the last activity night. Please keep up your great behavior.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are coming up in less than two weeks. Students will be bringing home a flyer from their child’s homeroom teacher that should be returned to school with the preferred day and time for a conference. A second sheet will have information about requesting a conference with the PE, art, music, health, GT, and/or special education teachers. The dates for conferences are Monday, October 23 and Thursday, October 26 for grades 5, 6, and 7. Grade 8 has conferences on Wednesday, October 18 and Monday, October 23.
- Progress Reports come out one week from today. Students are reminded to complete any missing or overdue assignments/assessments this week as teachers will be finalizing grades on Monday of next week for printing out progress reports.
- Birthday Wishes – Happy Birthday wishes for this week go out to Christian Hesseltine, Gavin Fontaine, Adeyn Hughes , Jemilee Williams, Maighen Boynton, Sophia Nguyen, Eli Pouwels, Georgianna Newenham, Nick Partridge, and Judson Wood.
- Varsity Girls Game Report - The Varsity Girls could not overcome the stingy Cohen defense. They went into halftime down 2-0. They managed a goal in the second but still took the 3-1 loss. Addi Laslie scored the only goal on a beautiful shot after Paige Sawyer put the ball past the defense. The girls had a great second half!
- JV Girls Game Report - The JV Girls pulled off an amazing win. Cohen scored the first goal just under 2 minutes into the game. That was where the scoring ended for Cohen. Ellsworth's first goal was scored off a great shot by Kiera Springer. The ball was deflected by the goalie after a blazing shot by Elizabeth Frost. The game winner was scored by Natalie Sawyer on a direct kick that sailed over the goalies head. The Ellsworth defensive crew of Bianca Gilmore, Kelsie Lambert, Kaela Springer and Mariah Rossi with goalkeeper Libby Kohr fought hard all game and kept the Cohen scoring at 1.
- The varsity boys soccer team went to the Queen City yesterday to take on the Eagles of Cohen. Both teams came to play and it was a great game. After being down 0-1, David Baugh scored a goal assisted by Miles Palmer and Peter Keblinsky. Cohen scored again, taking the lead, but only briefly as Keegan Omlor found himself at the goal mouth with nothing but open net to shoot into. Keegan was assisted by David. After battling back and forth for the rest of the game, one final goal was scored by Peter on an assist by David. Luke Perry, Owen Frank, Tanner Seura, and Keegan all played great defense in front of goalie Hunter Curtis. Midfielders Chance Mercier, Liam Stephenson, Daniel Howie, and Michael Palmer all contributed with timely defensive plays and great passes leading to scoring opportunities. Great game boys! Up next: game at Brewer on Friday.
Due to the number of boys soccer players needing some rest and time to focus on school work, practice plans for today (Wednesday 10/11) will be slightly different. Instead of practice on the field, players are strongly urged to stay after in the health room to have an after school study hall session to work on schoolwork.
- JV Boys’ Soccer Report - JV Boys' soccer worked so hard tonight and scored FIVE GOALS!!!!!
1st goal was scored on a head ball by Koa Barrett off an assist from Sam Wag via a corner kick by Drew Cote!
2nd goal was by O'Brian Robinson with a hard and high kick from the top of the 18th over the goalie's head deep into the corner of the goal!
3rd goal came in the second half by Koa who scooted it calmy past the goalie.
4th goal was booted in by Kai Barrett from an assist by Koa who received the ball on an awesome throw in by Judson Wood.
5th goal again scored by Kai and assisted by Koa!!
Great teamwork boys! Way to fill some positions you hadn't played in before!