Morning Announcements – Thursday, October 12, 2017
- Thank you to all families who donated for the students in the Florida Keys. It’s greatly appreciated.
- Good luck to our soccer teams in their games with Brewer today. Girls are at home and boys leave at 2PM.
- The Scholastic Book Fair is being held next week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The Fair is open from 8AM to 6PM on Tuesday and from 8AM-3PM on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Progress Reports come out this coming Wednesday.
- Picture Day for grades 5-8 is on Wednesday of next week. Order forms have already been sent home.
- Tulip planting day is next Thursday.
- A week from today is our October Activity Night on the 20th.
- The dates for Parent-Teacher conferences are Monday, October 23 and Thursday, October 26 for grades 5, 6, and 7. Grade 8 has conferences next Wednesday, October 18 and Monday, October 23.
- Halloween Costume Contest – Student reps met yesterday morning and determined how the October 27th Costume Contest will work. There will be three finalists selected for each grade by a panel of judges that involve student reps and staff members who would like to help. Grade 5 will judge grade 7, grade 7 will judge grade 5, grade 6 will judge grade 8, and grade 8 will judge grade 6. The top three awards from the 12 finalists will be $50 for first, $35 for second, and $20 for third. All other finalists will receive $5 and all finalists will also receive a free Activity Night pass.
- Cross-Country Report – Our Falcons ran against 13 other schools in yesterday’s Large School Championship Meet in Corinth. Both teams ran very well and captured the 2nd place trophy in the both races. Congratulations!
Logan McGowan led our boys with a third place finish out of 168 runners. Matt Cormier placed a strong 6th and Alex DeWitt placed 13th. Hayden Braun sprinted his way to the finish line along with Gavin Fontaine, Noah DiDonato, Maverick Ashborn, and Bryce McAlpine.
Our girls were led by Addison Atherton, who placed 9th out of 134 runners. Caroline Mazgaj placed 11th and Logan Williams placed 21st. Showing lots of speed on the course were Sophie Lynch, Ashlee Novak, Adriana Richardson, and Elizabeth Ford.
One final meet remains, which is next week’s Coastal Championship meet in Blue Hill.