Morning Announcements – Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- If you are an 8th grader working on a proposed yearbook cover, please see Mrs. Ridley in the main lobby on your way out to recess.
- Good luck to our varsity teams as they play at home today vs. Old Town.
- We will have a hat day on Friday. Students who want to wear a har will pay $1. The money collected will be sent to help students in need Puerto Rico, which was devastated by Hurricane Maria.
- The Scholastic Book Fair is being held today until 6PM. On Wednesday and Thursday it will be held from 8-3PM.
- Progress Reports come out tomorrow.
- The first of two 8th Grade Parent Teacher Conference nights is tomorrow. Their second night is Monday, October 23. Notices have gone out, but feel free to contact your child’s teacher directly:
- Picture Day for grades 5-8 is tomorrow. Order forms have already been sent home.
- Cross-Country Awards Night will be tomorrow at 5PM in the cafeteria. This is for the athletes and their parents. Other family members are welcome.
- Parents of 8th graders are invited to a meeting tomorrow at 5:30PM in the library to begin plans for end-of-year events. Following the meeting there will be a parent-volunteer training so those who can chaperone the Activity Night on Friday will be all set to do so.
- The K-8 Tulip planting day is this Thursday.
- Our October Activity Night is this Friday 20th. Grade 5 has theirs from 4-6PM with an entry fee of $3. Grades 6-8 has theirs from 6:30-9PM with an entry fee of $5. Students from out of town may attend the later event.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are on Monday, October 23 and Thursday, October 26 for grades 5, 6, and 7. Grade 8’s second night is Monday, October 23. Information about conferences comes from your child’s homeroom teacher.
- Halloween Costume Contest – Students are reminded that we will have a costume contest with cash prizes on October 27. Students are allowed to dress in costume for the day, but they can’t wear masks until the contest begins.
- Boys Soccer Schedule Update -
Only our varsity teams have a game today. Girls play first. Boys play second. JV boys are strongly encouraged to come watch.
On Wednesday, the boys have late practice from 4-5:30, ALL BOYS at school must report to Mr. Downs’ room after school unless they have a note excusing them. Bus leaves at 3:45 for Wilson Field.
On Thurs the Varsity boys are home vs. Hermon and the JV BOYS play away at Hermon, bus leaves 1:30 and there is NO FOOD STOP.
- Boys’ JV Game Report - ANOTHER WIN!!!
Our JV Boys' team brought home a 4-0 win last night against Doughty!
Kai Barrett scored TWO off assists from Koa Barrett, Mike Harris, and Connor Wight
Koa Barret scored a goal off a beautifully placed cross by brother Kai
and Brady Kenny at his debut on the front line scored his first goal off an assist by Koa!
Coach had a hard time subbing because every single player hustled, won loose balls and kept the ball in our offensive end 90% of the game! Special shout out to Sam Wagenknecht for his tenacity and vocal direction on the field!!!
- Varsity Boys’ Report - The varsity boys soccer team traveled to Doughty on Monday afternoon to play the Bulldogs. After watching the JV team's game, the varsity kids come out to play. Ten minutes into the game, David Baugh fought through the Doughty defense and into the goal after taking a pass from Luke Perry. Early in the second half, Doughty scored to tie the game. The game would stay tied at 1 until Michael Palmer dribbled down the right sideline and created just enough space to cross the ball all the way past the goal mouth and just about all players on the field. Out of nowhere, Daniel Howie raced towards the goal and somehow struck the ball into the open net for the 2-1 lead. The game would stay that way even past a weird series of events. An unnamed Falcon defender committed a 'foul' inside the 18 yard box and Doughty was awarded a free kick. Michael Palmer waited for the Bulldogs to touch the ball into play and then made his way military crawling towards the ball and was awarded a yellow placard when he arrived at the ball. The referee blew the whistle for encroachment so Michael came to sit with his teammates on the bench. Doughty touched the ball again, trying to score the equalizer, but the Falcon defense stood strong and cleared the ball away and out of trouble. Great game gentlemen!
Up next is today's game versus Old Town.
- Girls’ JV Soccer Report - In a hard-fought game, the JV falcon girls pulled out the win last night vs Doughty. The Falcons had a very balanced offense, with three players scoring. Elizabeth had one goal in the first half. While Megan and Kiera scored the other two goals in the second half. Doughty did score one goal in the second half to keep it close and always kept the pressure on. The Falcon win was supported by strong defense from Bianca, Kelsie, Kaela, Mariah and Keepers Libby and Trinity.