Morning Announcements – Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- Halloween Costume Contest – Students are reminded that we will have a costume contest with cash prizes this Friday, October 27. Students in grades 5-8 are allowed to dress in costume for the day. Masks can only be worn during the contest. We will gather in the gym at 11:50AM.
- The annual Middle School Skills Camp run by Hancock County Technical Center takes place on Saturday, November 4. This is a half-day opportunity for students in grades 5-8 to take part in two of the seven technical programs offered at HCTC. The $40 entry fee and permission form are to be sent to HCTC. All the details are on the flyer that has already been sent home.
- Birthdays – One more Happy Birthday wish for this week goes out to Nataleigh Dorr who was missed in yesterday’s announcement. Happy birthday, Nataleigh!
- Varsity Boys’ Soccer Report from Coach Downs - The varsity boys’ soccer team hosted Doughty in each team's final soccer game of the season yesterday afternoon. Both teams came to play as shown by the superior defense played on both sides. For the Falcons, Owen Frank, Liam Stephenson, Hunter Curtis, Tanner Seura, Lucas Fendl, and Luke Perry all played on the d-line throughout the game. Miles Palmer, Chance Mercier, Craig Burnett, Daniel Howie, Cooper DeRaps, Michael Palmer, David Baugh, Keegan Omlor, Billy Garland and Peter Keblinsky all played great in the midfield and striker positions. Doughty was limited to just a handful of shots during the game but one, well-placed shot to the upper corner of the goal was the difference in the game. Even on the wrong end of the scoreboard, these 16 gentlemen played a great game and showed those in attendance what EEMS boys varsity soccer is all about - determination, hard work, teamwork and fun. Great game to watch and a solid effort to end the season on. Up next: some indoor soccer fun and an ice cream social to put a close to the season today from 245-430. Boys should have shin guards, mouthguards and sneakers for indoor play. Meet in the Health room.
- Varsity Girls’ Soccer Report from Coach Lowell - The Lady Falcons capped off their season with a victory over the Bulldogs from Doughty yesterday. The Doughty team scored first off a ball bouncing around inside the 18. Paige Sawyer scored her 20th goal of the season soon after on a great pass from Morgan Clifford. The Falcons controlled the game but were unable to find the back of the net until Addi Lasle scored on a penalty kick just past the hands of the Doughty goalie. Doughty tied it up on a direct kick. Laura Jude scored the game winner off her hip after a great corner kick from Addi Laslie. The Falcon 8th Graders went in to the game yesterday determined to win the game and have had a great season! Thank you Abby Bland, Addi Laslie, Aubrianna Griffiths, Gianna Anderson, Laura Jude, Olivia Ringuette, and Paige Sawyer!
- JV Girls’ Soccer Report from Coach Merrill - Last night the JV girls played their last game of the season vs Doughty. The team had several good shots on goal in the first half, but weren't able to find the back of the net. In the second half, they came out determined to score. Megan scored the team's first goal of the game. But that wasn't enough for the team, they kept up the intensity and Emily scored the team’s second goal. Kelsie scored the team's last goal on a great penalty kick. The team won 3-0. The defenders Bianca, Kaela, Mariah, Kelsie and Elizabeth along with goalies Libby and Mercedeez combined for the shut out. Thank you girls for a great season! Awards Night will be next Thursday at 6 pm. Please turn in your uniforms to coach Merrill this week.
- JV Boys’ Soccer Report from Coach Trego – Our Falcons JV boys' soccer team won again!! The double threat duo Koa and Kai Barret each scored a goal to end the Falcons' season with a 2-0 triumph over Doughty. Excellent work boys, it was a fun, positive, successful season!!