Morning Announcements – Grades 5-8, Thursday, October 26, 2017
1. Parent Teacher Conferences Tonight – We look forward to seeing many more parents at tonight’s Parent-Teacher Conferences. Thanks for coming in to support your child’s education.
2. JV Boys’ Soccer - Reminder JV BOYS' SOCCER, End of season gathering at Jordan's snack bar at 5:00 p.m. tonight.
3. Parents, please drive slowly when coming through the parking lot closest to the Shore Road. Some drivers are too fast and we want to avoid an accident.
4. 8th grade reps are reminded to hold a meeting with your class to gather more class trip ideas. The class meeting is not a time to debate the ideas, it’s just time to develop a brainstormed list. Bring your list to Mr. Newett. He will compile the lists and then all 8th graders will vote on their preferred trip. Once the trip is determined, there will be another vote to prioritize details about the trip. Please get the list to Mr. Newett by Monday.
5. Halloween Costume Contest – Students are reminded that we will have a costume contest tomorrow with cash prizes for the top three costumes in each grade and top three overall in the school. Students in grades 5-8 are allowed to dress in costumes for the day. Masks can only be worn during the contest. We will gather in the gym at 11:50AM.
6. The annual Middle School Skills Camp run by Hancock County Technical Center takes place on Saturday, November 4. This is a half-day opportunity for students in grades 5-8 to take part in two of the seven technical programs offered at HCTC. The $40 entry fee and permission form are to be sent to HCTC. All the details are on the flyer that has already been sent home.