Morning Announcements – Grades 5-8, Friday, October 27, 2017
- Halloween Costume Contest – We’ll have our Halloween Costume Contest today at 11:50. Reps and adults who are judging should sit at one of the grade level’s table. There will be pens and judging sheets there for you. One grade level at a time will walk around the gym two times so that judges can write down the top contestants. The top three contestants from each grade will advance to the overall school finals. We will then have a final round to determine the top three costumes in the school.
- The annual Middle School Skills Camp run by Hancock County Technical Center takes place on Saturday, November 4. This is a half-day opportunity for students in grades 5-8 to take part in two of the seven technical programs offered at HCTC. The $40 entry fee and permission form are to be sent to HCTC. All the details are on the flyer that has already been sent home.
- Grade 6 has a field trip to UMO this coming Tuesday to experience a “Day of the Dead” celebration, which ties in with their study of Mexico. A bag lunch or money for the food court should be brought to school on Tuesday.
- Drama Club students will have grades checked on Monday for eligibility purposes.
- There is a Drama Club work call tomorrow for actors, actresses and tech crew members from 1-5PM. Tech crew members, please see Mrs. Cox at lunch for a new schedule.