Morning Announcements, Grades 5-8, Wednesday, November 8, 2017
- Cheerleading tryouts take place today at 3PM in room 208.
- Would all 6th and 7th grade girls who tried out for basketball please pick up their letter in the cafeteria at 2:30 today.
- The next parent volunteer training session is today, Wednesday, at 6PM in the library. It takes about a half an hour and you’ll then be set to go on field trips, attend field days, help out in the classroom, etc.
- The next 8th grade parent meeting is today at 5:30 in the library. We will go over what students priorities are for end-of-year events and determine future fundraising activities.
- The basketball and cheerleading practice and game schedule can be found online at ems.ellsworthschools.org. Once there, hover over the STUDENTS tab. Click on the Co-Curricular Activities option. Then click on the schedule you want in the gray box. Should you click on the basketball schedule, a September athletic schedule will come up. At the bottom of the page, click on “Nov” for the November schedule.
JV Girls practice 4:30-6 in the MS gym
Varsity Girls practice 3-4:30 in the MS gym
JV Boys practice from 3-4:30 in the Elem. gym
Varsity Boys practice from 4:30-6 in the Elem. gym
- There will be no Chorus rehearsal tomorrow morning, as we will be seeing the school play right after announcements.
It’s grade 6’s turn to sit on the floor, so Grade 6 should come to the cafeteria right after announcements. As many 6th graders as possible should sit on the mats in front of the stage. Any remaining 6th graders should sit in the chairs. Other grades should please wait for the announcement to come to the cafeteria. We will be coming in as the elementary students are finishing their breakfast.
There will be an evening show tomorrow night at 6PM and a matinee
on Saturday at 2PM. The evening and matinee performances have
an entry fee of $5 each.
- More and more stars are being put up on the cafeteria wall. Thanks to those who have honored the veterans in their lives. There’s plenty of room for more stars if you’d like to put some up.
- The boxes in the main lobby are filling up with food for the Hands Across Ellsworth food drive to benefit the Emmaus Center. A box has also been put in each wing of the school. Please bring in a food item if you can. There are 5 school days left until the food gets packed into the Emmaus Center’s van.
- Winter Sports parent night is this coming Monday at 6PM
- The next VPA Boosters meeting will be Tuesday, 11/12, in the elementary music room at 4:00. We will be discussing food donations and volunteers for the honors festival.
- Here is today’s announcement about “Civility at Lunch”:
- Remove hats in the building
- Follow restaurant etiquette: (use utensils appropriately, do not play with your food, clean up after yourself)