Morning Announcements – Friday, December 1, 2017, Grades 5-8
1. Eighth graders submitting yearbook covers are reminded that they are due by the end of the day today to Mrs. Ridley.
2. Our Chess Club has its first practice next Wednesday after school. Please pick a permission form on the stage in the cafeteria if you’d like to join the club. This is open for students in grades 5-8. Tara Young is the new coach.
3. Those students who are walking and singing in tomorrow’s parade will practice singing during the 1:10 reward block today. For tomorrow, please arrive at EEMS at 10:15AM. We bus to the start, which is at 11:00 by Angelo’s Pizza. We’ll walk back to school for refreshments, with pick up at noon.
4. Grades 6, 7, and 8 are to board buses for EHS for “The Little Mermaid” right after announcements. You will need to sit three to a seat for the short ride.
5. Activity Night is tonight. Please dress in accordance with our dress code, and please stay within bounds with regard to public displays of affection. Holding hands, dancing together, putting an arm around each other is okay. Kissing is not okay. You will be going home if this takes place. Please share that with your friends who are coming from out of town to this event. Thanks.
6. Our Winter Concert is on Thursday, December 7. Beginner band (grade 5), Concert Band (grades 6-8), and Chorus (grades 5-8) will be performing. The concert starts at 6:30 PM for the public. All of the K-8 students will see the concert during the last period of the day.
7. The Annual Talent Show for grades 5-8 is Friday, December 22 in the afternoon. Audition sign up sheets are now posted on the picture bulletin board in the trophy hallway. Please sign up there by the end of next week. The first day of auditions is Monday, December 11. I’d like to meet with student reps this coming Monday morning so we can plan the audition process and prizes.
8. We have two Spirit Days coming up on each of the next two Fridays. Next Friday it’s PJ day in preparation for the first Movie Night of the year, which is also next Friday. The movie is “Elf”.
On Friday, December 15, we are holding an “Ugly” Sweater Day, which is an event the Ellsworth Chamber of Commerce is promoting since it is the National “Ugly” Sweater Day. Get ready for some fun!
9. Cheerleaders are reminded to check out the December game and practice calendar on the school website. There is a game on Monday. The B group will cheer first. All girls are to have black shorts in order to cheer in that game.
Also, if you are planning to walk in the parade tomorrow, please stop by Mrs. Stackpole’s room sometime today and let her know.
10. The Lady Falcons opened their season yesterday by losing a hard, tough, tight contest to the Bulldogs from the Doughty School. The game was one that saw many lead changes, but neither the Falcons nor the Bulldogs could manage to hold on to the lead. In the end the Falcons needed a pointer to send the game to overtime. Our girls managed to shoot a three pointer, but unfortunately for us it hit off the front rim.
Even though it goes down as a loss, our girls played well and fought hard. Many positive things happened including making five three's in
the game. Good job, Falcons.
Our next game will be on Monday against the Cohen School of Bangor.
11. Our Boys’ Varsity Basketball team was victorious over Doughty last night by a comfortable margin. Well played.
12. December Birthdays- We have a few December birthdays this week. They belong to Casey McDonald, Adriana Richardson, Sunny Wight, Grayson Mote and Brody Mercier. Happy birthday to all of you!
13. Athletics’ Schedule
Friday, December 1 – no practices. Activity Night.
Monday, December 4
Games vs. Cohen. Girls Home. Boys Away. Varsity plays first
Tuesday, December 5
JV Girls – 4:30-6 Elem Gym
V Girls – 3-4:30 Elem gym
JV Boys – 5-6:30 MS gym
V Boys – 3:30-5 MS gym
V Cheering 3-4:30
JV Cheering 4:30-6
Wednesday, December 6
Games vs. Hermon. Girls away. Boys Home. JVs play first.
Thursday, December 7 – No practice. Winter Concert.
Friday, December 9 – No practice