Morning Announcements – Tuesday, December 5, 2017, Grades 5-8
- The November Falcon Pride Card totals are in. For the second consecutive year we broke the 1000 card mark with a total of 1098 cards given out in November, which is an average of 69 cards per day. Grade 5 continues to lead the way with an average of 38 cards per day, and the most cards were given out for our value of Responsibility with 406. Well done, Falcons!
- Our Chess Club has its first practice tomorrow from after school until 3:45. Permission forms are now in the office. Bring your permission form to the office or to the first practice.
- Our Winter Concert is this Thursday, December 7. Beginner band (grade 5), Concert Band (grades 6-8), and Chorus (grades 5-8) will be performing. The concert starts at 6:30 PM for the public. Attire for the concert is all black.
All of the K-8 students will see the concert during the last period of the day. Please head for the gym at 1:40PM.
- On Thursday of this week there will be another taste test at lunch. This time it’s Dulse Corn Chowder! Be sure to check it out!
- The Annual Talent Show for grades 5-8 is Friday, December 22 in the afternoon. Audition sign up sheets are now posted on the picture bulletin board in the trophy hallway. Please sign up there by the end of this week. The first day of auditions is Monday, December 11. Auditions will be in the health room, and student reps and Mr. Newett will be rating the acts to determine which ones will make it into the show. Prizes for the Talent Show will be $50 for first, $35 for second, and $20 for third. 4th and 5th have a choice between $5 or an activity night pass.
- This Friday is a PJ sprit day. Let’s see some pajamas!
- This Friday is also the first Movie Night of the year. The movie is “Elf”. Doors open at 5:00PM. There is no cost for the movie. There will be refreshments on sale and a Lularoe clothing sale going on in the library. This is an event where students must be under the supervision of a parent. It’s not an event to drop your students off and pick them up when it’s over.
- On Friday, December 15, we are holding an “Ugly” Sweater Day, which is an event the Ellsworth Chamber of Commerce is promoting since it is the National “Ugly” Sweater Day. Get ready for some fun!
- This is the final week in the first trimester so please get all of your current work and any make-up work done. Also keep in mind that teachers will soon be evaluating your Habits of Work for this trimester. Those who receive all HOW ratings of a 3 or a 4 will be treated to our first semester reward trip. We will be going Criterion Theatre in Bar Harbor on Friday, January 5 to see “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”. Finish strong!
- Boys’ JV and Varsity Basketball - Last night our boys’ basketball teams traveled to the Cohen School and both JVs and Varsity were victorious. JVs won by a landslide by a 57-22 score. Caleb Conners and Miles Palmer led the way with 18 points each. Craig Burnett chipped in 10. The varsity game was a close one, and the Falcons came out on top by a 55-50 margin. Hunter Curtis led the team with 24 points.
- Varsity Girls’ Basketball - The Lady Falcons took on the Cohen School Eagles yesterday in our gym. The Falcons played a tough game against them. Twice the Falcons brought a 12 point lead down to 6, but the Eagles just would not be denied. Ourgirls displayed great energy and some really nice passing in the loss. Our next opponent will be Wednesday when we journey to Hermon for our first road game of the season.
- JV Girls’ Basketball - The JV Falcon Girls played their first game of the season last night and lost to the Cohen Eagles by a score of 39-12. This is a young Falcon team with a third of the girls playing basketball for the first time. They are learning and the skills will come. Scoring for the Falcons were: Alex Bivins and Reece Helum with two, Megan Jordan with three, and Brooke Pirie with five. Next game is Wed. at Hermon.
- Athletics’ Schedule
Tuesday, December 5
JV Girls – 4:30-6 Elem Gym
V Girls – 3-4:30 Elem gym
JV Boys – 5-6:30 MS gym
V Boys – 3:30-5 MS gym
V Cheering 3-4:30
JV Cheering 4:30-6
Wednesday, December 6
Games vs. Hermon. Girls away. Boys Home. JVs play first.
Thursday, December 7 – No practice. Winter Concert.
Friday, December 8 –
Girls Varsity Practice 4-5:30PM