Morning Announcements – Thursday, December 7, 2017, Grades 5-8
1. We wish grade 5 well as they head to EHS after these announcements to see “The Little Mermaid” performed at EHS.
2. Our Winter Concert is today! Beginner band (grade 5), Concert Band (grades 6-8), and Chorus (grades 5-8) will be performing. The concert starts at 6:30 PM for the public. Attire for the concert is all black.
All of the K-8 students will see the concert at 1:50PM tomorrow. Please head for the gym at 1:40PM. It’s grade 7’s turn to sit on the floor, please. Those students in one of the performing groups don’t need to come down to the gym until 1:40.
3. Missing Clarinet – A fifth grade student is missing his clarinet. He had it in one of the instrument lockers in the music room. If you happened to take it by accident, please return it to the music room.
4. Today there is a taste test at lunch. This time it’s Dulse Corn Chowder! Be sure to check it out!
5. Auditions for our Annual Talent Show start on Monday. If you have an act, please put your name and your act on one of the sign up sheets. Sign up sheets are across the hall from the elementary music room on the bulletin board with all of the photographs on it.
6. Tomorrow is a PJ sprit day. Let’s see some pajamas!
7. Tomorrow is also the first Movie Night of the year. The movie is “Elf”. Doors open at 5:00PM and the movie starts at 5:30PM. There is no cost for the movie. There will be refreshments on sale and a Lularoe clothing sale going on in the library. This is an event where students must be under the supervision of a parent. It’s not an event to drop your students off and pick them up when it’s over.
8. Tomorrow is the last day of Trimester 1. Please make sure your work and assessments are done.
9. JV Girls’ Basketball - The JV Falcon Girls traveled to Hermon last night and picked up,their first win of the season. The girls played very aggressively and came away with the victory. It was a true team effort with 7 of 9 girls scoring. Tallying points for Ellsworth were: Libby Kohr and Hannah Wagstaff with 2, Reece Hellum and Brooke Pirie with 4 each. Alex Bivins had 6, Hailey Doyon with 8 and high scorer was Megan Jordan with 14.
10. Boys’ Basketball – Both the JV and varsity boys’ basketball teams picked up their second win in a row. Our JV Falcons overpowered the Hawks of Hermon in a 49-39 victory and our Varsity Falcons were dominant in a 64-34 victory. Chance Mercier, Miles Palmer and Kaleb Connors chipped in 14, 13, and 12 points for JVs and Hunter Curtis led all varsity scorers with 34. Contributions in the scoring column were also made by Michael Palmer, Brett Bragdon, and Brody Mercier.
11. Varsity Girls’ Basketball - Our Lady Falcons travelled to Hermon on Thursday to take on the high flying Hawks. At the end of the first quarter we were down by five, but at halftime it was all tied up. However in the third quarter the Hawks caught fire, and our girls' shots could not find the bottom of the net and we fell behind by 18. But in the fourth quarter the Falcons caught fire and brought the deficit down to only four. In the end the Hawks held on to win by 7as the Falcons had foul troubles that caused us to play the Hawks without our
big girls. It was a true team effort as the bench players played well and our shooters made an incredible 8 three-pointers. Well done, girls.
Our next practice is Friday.
12. Athletics’ Schedule
Thursday, December 7 – No practice. Winter Concert.
Friday, December 8 –
Girls Varsity Practice 4-5:30PM