Morning Announcements – Tuesday, January 9, 2017, Grades 5-8
- Students attending today’s reward trip are to report to the gym right after school and stand in the corner labeled with their grade level. We’ll board buses by grade. When we arrive at the theater, select your seats and then wait to be called up to go to the concession stand. We should be home between 6:45 and 7PM. If you brought your permission form in today, please bring it to the office now.
- 8th Grade reps should plan to meet with Mr. Newett in the health room after these announcements.
- The January PTF meeting is today, Tuesday, from 3-4PM in the library.
- The next K-8 Leadership Team meeting is tomorrow from 3-4PM.
- Robotics Club permission forms are to be returned at this time if you brought it back. More forms are available in the office if you didn’t get one yesterday.
- Honor Roll lists for trimester 1 are posted in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade wings by the water fountains. The list for grade 5 is posted on the windows at the end of the wing. To make Honor Roll, students needed at least a 3.5 grade point average in math, ELA, social studies, and science, as well as a 3.0 or higher in health, music, PE, and art. There will be a grade level assembly in the next week or two to present Honor Roll students with their ribbons.
- The Snowflake Semi-Formal Dance for grades 6, 7, and 8 is just two Saturday’s away on January 20. It’s a dance only, and the cafeteria will be decorated with some lights and there will be a background put up for pictures. The event runs from 6-9PM and is $7 per student or $12 per couple. Out of town middle school students are welcome to attend.
Grade 5 students will have an activity night the following Friday on January 26.
- Our Ellsworth Chess Team played very well in their meet with Deer Isle - Stonington and Bucksport. 31 chess players from Ellsworth played 121 games. They won 84, lost 17 and on 20, the game was a stalemate. Chris Taylor played and won 12 games, Casey McDonald, Noah Torrance, Andy Young and Koa Barrett all had 5 or more wins, and everyone played very well and had fun!
- Girls’ Varsity Basketball Report – Our Lady Falcons went through the snow to Bangor to take on the Bulldogs of the Doughty School. It has been three weeks since we last played and the rust showed as we had our poorest shooting night of the season. The Bulldogs grabbed an early lead and never looked back as the Falcons could not seem to find the bottom of the net. When the final buzzer sounded, it was Doughty 37, Ellsworth 28. Today’s practice is 3-4:30. Our next game is Wednesday when we travel to Hampden to take on the Reeds Brook Rebels.
- Boys’ Varsity Basketball Report – Our boys’ varsity basketball team outplayed the Doughty school and came home with a 53-42 victory. Brett Bragdon led the Falcons in scoring by pouring in 19 points.
- Athletics Schedule
Tuesday, January 9 – Due to the reward trip, these practices may not happen
JV Girls 3-4:30 MS gym
V Girls 4:30-6 MS gym
JV Boys 5-6:30 El gym
V Boys 3:30-5 El gym
JV Cheering 4:30-6
V Cheering 6-7:30
Wednesday, January 10
Girls Home vs. Hampden, JVs first
Boys at Hampden, JVs first
Cheering – JV does game
V Cheering – 4:30-6:30
Thursday, January 11
Girls at Cohen, JV first
Boys Home vs. Cohen, JV first
Cheering - Games
Friday, January 12
Girls home vs. Brewer, V first
Boys at Brewer, V first