Morning Announcements – Thursday, January 11, 2017, Grades 5-8
1. Good luck to our basketball teams and cheerleaders in today’s games with Cohen. Boys are home. Girls are away. Departure is at 2:15PM.
2. There is no school on Monday due to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
3. When we come back on Tuesday, we will start the day with the school finals of the spelling bee.
4. Art Club for grades 7 and 8 will also begin on Tuesday of next week.
5. The final date to accept permission forms for the Robotics Club is next Wednesday. Please get your form in if you want to take part.
6. Varsity Girls’ Basketball Report - Unfortunately for the Lady Falcons their shooting woes continued when they travelled to Hampden on Wednesday to take on the Reeds Brook Rebels.
However, we never quit and in the second half we started to get the ball inside, which was part of the game plan. Even though we ended up losing by a 20+ point margin, Mr Libby was proud of their efforts and attitude. Today we travel once again to Bangor, this time to take on the Cohen School Eagles. There will be meeting of the team in Mr. Libby's room at recess.
7. JV Girls’ Basketball Report - The JV Falcon Girls played Hampden last night after a long layoff. The Falcons fell to the Rebels by a score of 38 to 22. Thanks to Layla for her uniform help for the game. Hannah Wagstaff played a great game with her super passing and defense. Great job Hannah. Denise Ogden and Libby Kohr were all over the court. Trinity Faulkner joined in and did a fantastic job. Scoring for the Falcons were: Alex Bivins, Reece Hellum, Hailey Doyon, and Brooke Pirie with two. Emma Kidder scored 6 points and Megan Jordan with 8.
8. Both Boys’ Teams Victorious – Both our JV and Varsity Boys’ Basketball teams dominated against Hampden last night. Varsity won by a 61-50 score. Hunter led the scoring with 24, Brett had 7, Michael 15, and most every other team member also contributed to the scoring. On the JV side our boys won 56-34. Chance tossed in 20, with 12 rebounds, and 5 assists. Miles had 13 points and 6 assists. Craig had 9 points and 13 rebounds. Logan had 11 points and 9 rebounds. Caleb had 10 points and 6 assists.
9. Athletics Schedule
Thursday, January 11
Girls at Cohen, JV first
Boys Home vs. Cohen, JV first
Cheering - Games
Friday, January 12
Girls home vs. Brewer, V first
Boys at Brewer, V first