Morning Announcements – Monday, June 11, 2018, Grades 5-8
- Congratulations to our Drama Club for an outstanding production of “Willy Wonka, Jr.” The show was a hit, and all of the preparation really paid off.
- If you brought your Pirate’s Cove permission form in today, please bring it to the office right after the Pledge. We need to finalize the roster.
- We will be holding our Third Trimester Gold Wing Award assembly right after these announcements. It’s grade 7 turn to sit on the floor.
- Students going on today’s reward trip to Pirate’s Cove are meet in the gym after school. When you get to Pirate’s Cove you will need to be in groups from 2-6 that you will travel around the course together. Each group will start on a different hole so that everyone’s not bunched up. For example, if you start at Hole 6, you will continue with Holes 7-18 and then continue with 1-5 so that you get to play all 18 holes. There are vending machines for drinks, but please don’t purchase energy drinks. We should be back at school around 5:30PM.
- Yearbooks will continue to be sold at lunch until we are sold out. The cost is $23 each.
- Attention Girls’ “A” softball team: You will have your end-of-the-season celebration Tuesday from 3-4:30 on the EMS field. We will play a fun game to celebrate our season. Hope to see you tomorrow.
- Tomorrow is a big day for the Ellsworth School Department as your parents and all other citizens of Ellsworth get to vote on the school budget for 2018-19. We appreciate our citizens getting out to vote today.
- Our annual end-of-the-year Garden Pot Luck takes place this Wednesday from 4:30PM-6:30PM. There will be food, a live band (“Bee Parks and the Hornets - indie pop rock”), a stamp scavenger hunt with prizes to those who fill out their stamp card, face painting, plant sale, worm bin, Maine Coast Sea Vegetables display, and more.
K and 5th Main dish
1stand 6th Salad
2ndand 7th Dessert
3 and 8 – a side dish
4th– an appetizer, fruit, or snack
- Three grades have Field Day this week. It’s grade 6 on Wednesday, grade 8 on Thursday, and grade 5 on Friday. Grade 7 has theirs next week on Monday.
- Our annual Medieval Faire takes place this Thursday. Students will be able to visit the Faire during the day. If you bring some money, you can take part in some of the games and make purchases at the various guilds. The Faire will also be open to the public in the evening from 6-7:30PM.
- We are one week away from the Grade 8 Dance, which runs from 6:30-9PM followed by a slide show. The end time will be at about 9:30PM.
Attire: “Look nice” is a good way to describe the expected attire. For girls, wearing a dress or a nice shirt and pants/shorts would be great. For guys, a polo shirt and shorts or pants is fine. A shirt and tie is fine, too. We are not looking for formal attire at all. Save that for high school, please.
- Students going into grades 5 to 8 next year have the chance to work on tumbling skills with the EHS Varsity Cheer Coaches this week and next week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. “Tumble Time” flyers are on the desk in the main lobby if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Summer Watering Needed – If there are parents and students who would like to help with watering our gardens this summer, please get in touch with our garden coordinator, Mary Michael-Billings at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is great time for students to get some community service hours.