Morning Announcements – Thursday, June 14, 2018, Grades 5-8
1. Thanks to the Garden Team for a wonderful potluck picnic yesterday. The food, the music, and all of the activities were excellent. Thank you very much for presenting me with an oak tree that will be planted on our school grounds in my honor. That was very touching and meaningful, as was the plaque that goes with it.
2. Yearbooks will continue to be sold at lunch until we are sold out. The cost is $23 each.
3. Thank you for returning all library books as soon as possible. Please check desks, classroom shelves, lockers...everywhere!
4. We wish grade 8 well today during your field day.
5. With field days taking place the rest of this week and on Monday, all morning PE classes are to meet with Ms. Hammer in the fitness room. Please do not go through the gym. Thank you.
6. Our annual Medieval Faire takes place today and this evening from 6-7:30PM tonight for the public. Thank you grade 7, for all of the work you have done to get ready for this day. Have a great Faire!
7. 8th graders are heading to Canobie Lake Park on Friday. The buses will leave as close to 8AM as they can. Please bring a bag lunch or money to buy food for lunch and dinner. You may want to bring a change of clothes, as you will get soaked if you go on the log flume ride.
8. The last day of school next Wednesday is at 11:40AM, which is 20 minutes earlier than previously announced.
9. 8th graders will be coming home with a sheet of information about tomorrow's class trip, Monday’s dance, and Tuesday’s “Final Assembly.” That information is also posted here:
CLASS TRIP – Friday, 6/15/18 - 8am departure - 10pm return.
• Please have your child wear his/her new 2018 EMS maroon T-shirt.
• Chartered Cyr buses will take us to and from Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hampshire. We will have some snacks and water for the long bus ride, but your child is encouraged to bring snacks and a lunch since we won’t arrive until after noon.
• Entry into the park is free, but students may want money for arcade games and meals.
• There is a log flume ride that is guaranteed to get the students wet, so your child should bring a change of clothes if they plan to do that ride.
• It’s going to be a nice day, so bringing sunscreen would also be good to have.
8TH GRADE DANCE and SLIDESHOW - Monday, 6/18/18 - 6:30-9pm.
Slideshow is from 9-9:30PM.
• The dance is free, and desserts and drinks will be provided. Students should eat dinner before they arrive.
• Attire: “Look nice” is a good way to describe the expected attire. For girls, wearing a dress or a nice shirt and pants/shorts would be great. For guys, a polo shirt and shorts or pants is fine. A shirt and tie is fine, too. We are not looking for formal attire at all. Save that for high school, please.
• Parents are welcome to come see the slide show at 9PM in the gym.
• Decorating for this will take place this Sunday at 11AM and on Monday at 1PM
“Final Assembly” - Tuesday 6/19/18, at 6pm in the gym
• Seating is first come, first served. No tickets are needed. You will see some reserved seating for staff members and school officials.
• Attire for students is the same as listed above for the dance.
• Arrival for students is at 5:30PM. They should report to homerooms.
• The assembly will last about 75 minutes.
• There is no school for the 8th graders on Wednesday.