]Morning Announcements – Thursday, March 1, 2018, Grades 5-8
1. Starting this coming Monday, March 5, NUT/TREE NUT PRODUCTS WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED TO BE CONSUMED IN THE CAFETERIA AT THE DESIGNATED TABLES. This means you can’t consume snacks in your homeroom or anywhere else in the building if the snack contains nut products or was made in a factory where nut products are processed. A flyer with this information on it will be going home to parents today.
Also starting on Monday, we will no longer be selling nut products at the concession stand or at activity nights. When going on a field trip or reward trip, please do not pack food items that contain nut/tree nut products.
These changes are being put in place for safety reasons for students who have life threatening allergies to nut/tree nut products. Thanks very, very much for your help with this. It’s greatly appreciated.
2. Our next Garden Group meeting is today from 3-4PM in the library. Parents and staff are invited to attend.
3. Intramural basketball starts today with Ms. Small and Mr. Ford. Please bring the permission slip in if you intend to play.
4. Today is the deadline for Chess Team members to return the permission form for the March 10th State Tournament. Please bring those slips up to the office now.
5. Tomorrow is Superhero Spirit Day. Dress up as your favorite superhero. You could also dress as a real hero in your life. Perhaps you admire a fireman or a pro athlete. You could dress like him or her.
6. Tomorrow is our second Movie Night of the year. “The Incredibles” is being shown. Doors open at 5PM so there is time to get seats and food before the movie starts at 5:30PM. This is a family event. Students are to attend with their parents.
7. Our Show Choir competes in the Regional Jazz Festival at EHS tomorrow at 1:20PM. Show Choir members will eat lunch at 10:30 and then board the bus for EHS at 11AM.
8. EEMS is hosting a cheerleading showcase for area teams this Saturday at 11AM. Doors open at 10AM.
9. Our two cheerleading teams will head to the State Competition this Sunday at the Cross Center. The bus leaves at 9AM. Parents are to bring their students home. Good luck, girls!
10. Next Tuesday is the first session of Robotics Club Team 2. The session will run from after school until 4PM in Mrs. Stackpole’s room.
11. Those 5th graders who are in the After School Program are to be dismissed with pick-up students and are to report to the cafeteria and sit in front of the lunch tray window to wait for Mrs. York to pick you up for snack. Do not go to the kindergarten wing classroom. This procedure starts today and goes until the end of the year.
12. Next week is National School Breakfast Week, and we encourage all students to eat a breakfast at school if you don’t eat one at home. Students who eat school breakfast are more likely to reach higher levels of achievement in reading and math, score higher on standardized tests, have better concentration and memory, be more alert, and maintain a healthy weight.
13. Happy Birthday wishes for these first few days of March go to Haley Doyon, Jaxson Wallace-DeJulio, Kai and Koa Barrett, Alex Boudreau, and Leanne Casin.
14. Interscholastic Athletics Schedule
Thursday, March 1 – Wrestling 4-5:30PM
Saturday, March 3 – Wrestling meet at Bucksport. Bus leaves at 7:30AM.
Saturday, March 3 – Cheerleading Showcase, 11AM at EEMS
Sunday, March 4 – State Cheerleading Competition at Cross Center. Bus leaves at 9AM.
Read More »